MariaDB version problems

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Wilt, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Wilt

Wilt Member HowtoForge Supporter

I recently started getting errors with MariaDB updates (following updates to ISPConfig, although I can't be sure these are related). The errors I'm getting are:
    Code:
    root@ubuntu:~# apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree  
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mariadb-client : Depends: mariadb-client-10.0 (>= 10.0.31-0ubuntu0.16.04.2) but it is not installed
    mariadb-server : Depends: mariadb-server-10.1 (= 10.1.26+maria-1~xenial) but it is not installed
    mariadb-server-10.0 : Depends: mariadb-client-10.0 (>= 10.0.29-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) but it is not installed
      Depends: mariadb-server-core-10.0 (>= 10.0.29-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS and MariaDB is showing as Server version: 10.0.29-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 - Ubuntu 16.04
    Can anyone suggest what the problem could be please?
    Thanks,
    Cliff

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's a dependency problem in Ubuntu and not related to ISPConfig. Did you try to fix it with:

apt-get -f install

Wilt likes this.
  3. Wilt

Yes, I tried apt-get -f install and all sorts of other apt-get variations but nothing seemed to work. In the end I rebooted the server, did another apt-get -f upgrade and everything went through without any errors and the problem has gone away. So, I don't know what I actually did to clear it but it's fixed now. Many thanks for your help. Cliff

4. stef157

stef157 Member

Try to install it via the mariadb repositories.
    => https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/#mirror=coreix

Code:
    sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
    sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 0xF1656F24C74CD1D8
    sudo add-apt-repository 'deb [arch=amd64,i386,ppc64el] http://mirrors.coreix.net/mariadb/repo/10.2/ubuntu xenial main'

Wilt likes this.
  5. Wilt

Thanks stef157. This is one of the things I tried and didn't seem to work. But after I rebooted the server the problem had cleared so this may well have been one of the things that worked. Thanks for your helpful response.