Mass Mailer info

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jpcyrenne, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good Day,

I plan on installing an ISPConfig for a customer for Mass Mailing purposes (running OEM pro or phpList). He'll need DNS, email creation (abuse@, fbl@) in a simple to configure environment.

I figure that the secure authentication system would slow down the server? Would it be better to disable that feature for local IP? The server will send roughly 400K emails in a 8 hour nightly period.

How would you recommend I do this in a secure ISPConfig way? Also any other settings you recommend I change for a Mass Mailer like smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 100? I guess I would not want any Rate limiting on this dedicated server.

I understand this is not a Postfix optimization forum, but I need to know which ways the default ISPConfig setup (perfect server) can effect this machine for sending as many emails as it can.

Once again I thank you in advance for your support,

JP

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. jpcyrenne

OK good. Can the anti-spam and anti-virus only be removed for outbound trafic and still protect abuse@ fbl@ and postmaster@? Or i'd have to filter incoming emails with an external service or put these emails on another server? Again, I don't think spammers sent to abuse and fbl...

One of the reasons I would install ISPconfig if for the customer to access these accounts to verify if anyone or any Mail Provider has a complaint.

Trying to make this into a simple, key in hand solution for Mass Mailing (with DNS for A Record, SPF, DKIM...). Also because I'm liking ISPConfig more every day!

Thanks,

JP

4. jpcyrenne

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I havent tested the isntructions on a recent Linux distribution. But there is a newer guide for ispconfig and dkim available here at howtoforge.

Leaving out clamav might cause errors in amavis, but you might try it.