Master/Slave Server IP Change

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jmhoms, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jmhoms

jmhoms New Member

Hi,

i have an standard master/slave setup (but with a custom mysql replication of the mydns tables), and my hosting provider is changing ip addresses, so i must change it.

I know what to do with the customized mydns replication, but what is the correct procedure to change ip for the ispconfig installaion and dont loose the connectivity between master and slave ?

For the moment i made the dns changes from cp, and added an alias to the system with the new ip address. But i've seen that there are mysql users set up in master with the "old" ip address. I guess that also exist config files with this "old" address ... so i wonder if there is any automated way to change it.

Thanks!!

JM

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to change all records in all tables in the mysql "mysql" database on the master server that contain the old IP address to the new ip address.

3. jmhoms

jmhoms New Member

so, no need to change any ispconfig config file ?

no need to change anything on slave ? in other words, slaves don't know "who" is their master (masters always start sync connections) ?

JM

4. till

The slaves connect to the hostname of the master. You dont have to change any IP addresses in the ispconfig files as thse files do not contain any ip's, they contain just the hostname. What you have to change of course is the dns record for the hostname of the master in the dns server that is authoritive for the zone of the master and in any /etc/hosts files where you set this hostname.

5. jmhoms

jmhoms New Member

ok,

in which slave server file can i find which hostname is specified for the master ?

JM

6. till

The files are /etc/hosts, /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

If you change the hostname there or you will have to change it in the mysql server of the master too, so better do not touch the hostname and just set the correct IP in the dns server.

7. jmhoms

jmhoms New Member

Yes, i understand, just wanna double check what "A" register must edit.

Thank you very much.

JM

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010