Master template not working

Discussion in 'General' started by leiw, Nov 27, 2015.

1. leiw

leiw Member

Hello,

I have setup named "2G" template for 2G Web and traffic quote, and then I have created one client that include unlimited Web and traffic quote. Now I used this "2G" template on this client, but the client still can upload over 2G data by FTP.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The master template does not even contain a FTP upload limit. I guess you mix up the website traffic limit with FTP.

3. leiw

leiw Member

So what different between Web and FTP traffic ?

4. leiw

leiw Member

I have setup the client Harddisk Quota to 20000MB in Website, now can upload data by FTP, but the template is 2GB quote...

5. till

The admin user in ispconfig can override quotas like the root user on Linux, so what you did is that you override the client limit as admin. The client itself cant override that limit. You can easily test it:

1) Create a new client wheile you are logged in as admin user and apply a quota of 2gb in the client limits.
    2) login as that client in ISPConfig and create a new website, try to set a quota of more then 2GB for this website. You will see that you cant do that, the system will limit you to set max 2GB quota for this site.

6. leiw

leiw Member

After login the client, I can't input number in Harddisk Quota.

7. till

Works fine here. I guess you either created the website already admin (which locks the website for editing by client) or this client has already websites and the quota of all sites is > the max quota of the client, in that case the system has to reject the creation of a new site off course.

8. leiw

leiw Member

Sorry, I don't understand. I created this client by admin.
    I only uploaded WordPress (20MB) by this client by FTP, why I can adjust the quota ?

Thanks

9. leiw

leiw Member

Sorry, I mean I can't adjust

10. leiw

leiw Member

Another question, Admin setup 10GB for Web traffic in template, and then assign this template to client. If Admin set -1 for Web traffic, will it no limitation ?

11. leiw

leiw Member

OK, I added a new website can adjust.

12. till

Yes. You can override quotas as admin, so when you set quota to -1 as admin for a client, then this site is unlimited. The client itself would not be able to set the site to -1 when a quota is assigned in client limits.

13. leiw

leiw Member

OK, I understand now !