Maximum Spam Score

Discussion in 'General' started by Bikkies, May 6, 2009.

1. Bikkies

Bikkies New Member

Which is the correct file to edit so I can set an upper limit of say 15 on spam score for site wide? Anything over 15 I want to go to /dev/null (discard)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no such thing as a sitewide setting. If you want to change the spam filtering behaviour for new or updated users you will have to edit the procmail recipe templates in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/

3. Bikkies

Bikkies New Member

G'day Till,
    From the .spamassassin/user_prefs in user directory on ISPConfig Server -

# SpamAssassin user preferences file. See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
    # for details of what can be tweaked.
    #*
    #* Note: this file is not read by SpamAssassin until copied into the user
    #* directory. At runtime, if a user has no preferences in their home directory
    #* already, it will be copied for them, allowing them to perform personalised
    #* customisation. If you want to make changes to the site-wide defaults,
    #* create a file in /etc/spamassassin or /etc/mail/spamassassin instead.
    ###########################################################################

If this isn't the correct manner can you be more specific please in regards your previous post.
    The directory you refer to contains many files & the only one I can find that might do the trick is the spamassassin.rc.master file
    Would this be right?
    Also am I right in thinking that to update a users setting I would just need to log into ISPConfig & update any item under the "Spamfilter & Antivirus" tab to make this take effect?

Thanks,
    Tony

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, edit the user_prefs.master file. Please save the modified file in the directory /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates; this makes sure it won't be overwritten when you update ISPConfig.

Yes, that's right.