maybe its a permission problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dukejustice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. dukejustice

dukejustice New Member

Dear community.

I need a little help to make my new install work.

Rented a new server: CentOS 5.3 fully updated. Followed the procedure to install a perfect ISPConfig3 server on CentOS with a few 'minor' glitches I was able to fix. I really mean minor. Some copy-paste I did wrong and redid for example.

What is now my problem are many small things I think are related to 1 permission problem:
    1. /var/mail/domain/user directories are not created when adding a mail user
    2. activating suexec on sites causes a bad user name at httpd restart (suexecuser not created in /etc/passwd or shadow... fixable by creating the user with linux adduser command)
    3. total impossibility to login with pure-ftp (users are created in the db, tried crypt, password, md5 and any)
    4. amongst other things

Can all this be related to 1 single permission problem that 1 of ISPConfig's script cannot do its job?

Best regards.

Duke

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the ispconfig monitor. are there any errors in the system log? Are there still jobs in the jobqueue?