Migrate from old server(ispc3) to new server(ispc3.1)?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by minttux, Jul 2, 2016.

1. minttux

minttux Member

Hi i have installed ispconfig 3.0.5p and i should move server to new server with ubuntu 16.04 OS so i saw there is new version ispconfig 3.1 with php7 and ...
    now my question is it possible to move my old server with ispconfig 3.0.5p (Ubuntu 14.04 - php5) to new server ispconfig 3.1 ( Ubuntu 16.04 - php7 ) ?
    is it good idea ?
    also with php7 maybe some website doesn't run or doesn't make any problem to new ispconfig ?

also i wonder why there is no "how to" or tutorial to move server like "Installing perfect server how to" because i think it's very important and there is no way to recreate all clients and websits again and move them handly

2. minttux

minttux Member

I have to change server quickly and old server is end tomorrow so i have to know could i move ispconfig 3 to ispconfig 3.1 in new server ?

3. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should install ispcofig 3.0.5.4p9 on the new server if you want to migrate it with the migration tool (plus a Ubuntu or Debian versiion that is compatibel with ISPConfig 3.0.5) as the migration tool does not support the 3.1 beta yet (the remote api of the beta is not stable enough yet). When the migration is finished, you can update to ISPConfig 3.1, but I recommend to wait for the ISPConfig 3.1 final to be released.