Migrate from one server to another - multiple server conf

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by francoisPE, Apr 23, 2024.

1. francoisPE

francoisPE Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    I have a multiple server conf. Ubuntu 20.04, ispC last version, everything else last version
    I would like to migrate one server to another one because of missing capacity : VPS to dedicated server.
    I ll keep ubuntu, etc...
    I look at migration tool. It doesn't seem to be what I need.
    I look at https://github.com/xavidp/bashscripts/blob/master/migrateispconfig.sh It is interesting but seems to be really minimal for multiple server conf...
    Is there anything you already prepare for that kind of situation ?

Many thanks
    FrancoisPE

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The Migration Toolkit contains two applications, the Migration Tool and ISPCopy. ISPCopy is made to move a node of a slave server to new hardware as you intend to do.

1) Install the new server exactly as the old one, means same web server, same LE client and same feature set, using a newer Ubuntu version is ok. You can install ISPConfig on it in single server mode, the installation will get overwritten during migration, but it helps that everything is in place.
    2) Migrate the server using ISPCopy. ISPCopy is run on the old system.
    3) Run an ISPConfig update on the new server, let the update reconfigure services and permissions in master database.

3. francoisPE

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes it is.

5. francoisPE

I am starting the process.
    One question to setup my server correctly : reverse dns, name, etc...
    What will be the name of this machine : same name that the original ? New name ?

6. till

That's up to you. If you sue a new name, then take care to use the IP address during migration when ISPCopy asks for the new server and not the hostname.

7. francoisPE

Hello,
    I am trying to run ispcopy.
    it says
    "Your license could not be verified. Please make sure the server can access our license server and your license.key file is in place."
    As everything is crypted, I don't know the server and can't check access.
    Moreover, I put my licence key in autoconfini file... Where is the licence key file ?

8. till

I've answered your questions by email.

Th0m likes this.
  9. francoisPE