Migrate from single instance to mirror configuration?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CaptainBalou, Feb 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CaptainBalou

CaptainBalou Member

Hello guys,

I am using a server which is using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. It's a single instance. I want to migrate to a mirror configuration (add Ubuntu 18.04). I read the documentation, read the setup guides and searched through the forum. Nevertheless I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to extend my single server setup to a mirrored config?
    As far as I understood the setup guides for such a scenario aren't there but if I take the setup guide to setup both servers I can easily abstract this to just extend by the mirror.

2. MySQL Master-Master Configuration
    I found some setup guides to get everything master-master ready in MySQL. But after giving that a try I saw that I get some errors like "master-host=1.1.1.1 unknown parameter". I assume my MySQL version 5.7 uses something different to those versions used in the setup guides. Is there any help with that in special setup guide?

I would love to explain further if anything is unclear. Hope some guys are posting answers or are willing to discuss this.

Regards
    Marco

2. CaptainBalou

CaptainBalou Member

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

Yes, this is probably a difference caused by a newer mysql version. There is no newer guide available than the one you posted a link to. But basically, you can use any mysql master/master setup guide for the steps to setup replication.

4. CaptainBalou

CaptainBalou Member

5. CaptainBalou

CaptainBalou Member

I assumed you ment yes and yes. I took the how-to and tried to set everything up.
    It worked like a charm. Everything is sync now.

Except the Web-Interface which is not available because I answered "no" like shown in the how-to.

But wouldn't that be possible to use as well on server2?
    I would think I could use the web-frontend there, make local changes which would be replicated to the other end. I do not see any issues within this - but I have no deep understanding of ISPConfig to see the full story.
    Can you or someone else confirm that?
    If you agree, what would be the best way to enable the interface on server2 and let the web-interface access the right database?
    Would it be feasible to use a way like shown in this article here? [SOLVED] ISPconfig web interface on slave server