Migrate only ISPconfig control panel to new server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by iqpascal, Apr 9, 2021.

1. iqpascal

iqpascal Member

Hi,
    I wanted to split the ISPConfig control panel + DNS and the actual websites between 2 servers (+ previously existing slaves).
    So I've migrated all websites from the old server to the new server which went fine.
    Now I want to migrate the old server with only the CP + Bind + the autoconfig website (based on Ubuntu 18.04) to a new VPS based on Ubuntu 20.04.
    For this I reckon the 'slave' entries should be 'copied' from the old mariadb server to the new one.
    But somehow the grants seemed to have changed between the old mariadb server and the new one (?)

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE (ssl_key, ssl, ssl_request, ssl_action, ssl_letsencrypt, ssl_cert) ON `dbispconfig`.`web_domain` TO 'ispcsrvXX'@'IP';
    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ssl, ssl_request, ssl_action, ssl_letsencrypt, ssl_cert) ON `dbispconfig`.`w...' at line 1

New DB is 10.3.25-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

The grant statement just looks the same as another grant that works just fine.

What am I overlooking here?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

This is a manual migration, not the migration tool? Perhaps 'ssl' is a reserved word now and needs to be in backticks? (Just guessing.)

3. iqpascal

iqpascal Member

Ah thank you very much. Why didn't I think of that :oops:
    That solves my issue I guess and yes a manual migration. I was guessing copying over ISPconfig, granting the other slaves the same rights as the old server and then syncing stuff on the new server would do the trick