migrate or copy?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Stokesy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Stokesy

Stokesy Member

Hi, I want to move my ispconfig setup from an old ubuntu 14.04 to a 20.04 server. I presume I can't just use ispcopy but should use ispconfig migration tool instead (I assume that the destination would be substantially different form the original)?

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I would recommend that in this case, yes. ISPCopy would copy over the configuration files for the services and that might lead into problems even if you do an ISPConfig update with service reconfiguration afterwards. A smaller upgrade step (18->20) etc. is normally not a problem, but your case is quite a "jump".

3. Stokesy

Stokesy Member

Thanks... Also I have several versions of php installed, including the newest I was able to install - php 7.3. Any idea how ispconfig migrate would deal with this, given that the default version on 20.04 is php 7.4?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is Migrate Tool does not deal with additional PHP versions.
    What you can do, is install the PHP versions you want on the target Ubuntu 20.04 system (using the additional PHP versions tutorial), then you can assing each website the PHP version you want.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

the mig-tool checks the installed php-versions on the source and the target and you can assign the php-version for target during the migration for each website.

Th0m likes this.