Migrating from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to Ubuntu 14.04LTS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by KRG-23, Sep 12, 2014.

1. KRG-23

KRG-23 New Member

Hello,

My server was running smoothly and ISPConfig was fine before I decided to migrate to 14.04LTS.

I did a few backups (websites & databases) just in case and I did right because ISPConfig stopped functionning afterwards.

I did not backup dbispconfig (yeah, silly me).

Now, ISPConfig is running fine, except that all accounts and websites are lost, obviously.

I wanted to know if there was a way to get my accounts and sites back, either by adding previous info directly into the database (which I tried unsuccessfully) or by pointing DocumentRoots to the former paths (which also proved unsuccessfull).

I did read the new HowTo but only went through the few changes which concerned the apache2.4 modules.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers !

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not without a backup of the dbisoconfig database. Have you checked if there is a backup of that database in /var/backup/ ? ispconfig stores a backup of its database there when you run a ispconfig update.

3. KRG-23

KRG-23 New Member

Christ, I totally forgot that !

So I have a backup before migrating, I guess I need to empty the db, inject the backup and sync the sites back ?

Thanks a lot Till !

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Backup the curent database
    2) load the backup of the last working database into dbispconfig (empty it before you do that)
    3) download the ispconfig.tar.gz manually, unpack it and run the update.php script which is in the install folder. this will udate the database structure.
    4) Login to ispconfig and resync all data with the resync tool.

5. KRG-23

KRG-23 New Member

Thanks a lot, I'll do as you say.

I'll let you know :)

6. KRG-23

KRG-23 New Member

Ok, eventually had time to follow your directives ... and it worked !

Thanks a ton for your help :)