Migrating sites

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Steffan, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Steffan

Steffan Member

My scenario

php 5.6 with suphp
    I like suPHP, wordpress and joomla keeps complaining if i set this to php-fpm
    and if they complain, then my costumers to :)
    I have php 7 as a second php, so it cant run under suPHP

Can i setup a seccond webserver running ispconfig with php7 as default
    And then when costumers want to switch to php 7 use the migrate tool to easly migrate the website and settings?
    And if so, can costumers also login with the same username and pass on the ispconfig console
    The reasen why i ask this is that i use softaculous, and they dont have a multiserver version for ispconfig (yet)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Wordpress works fine here on php-fpm as well as php-fcgi.

SuPHP is slow and old and there is really no software anymore that requires it. You should check why your setup has a problem with php-fpm or php-fcgi and fix that instead of using an outdated apache module which has already been removed from all recent Linux Distributions.

3. Steffan

Steffan Member

php-fpm is working fine but the problem is that then wordpress cant direct write to the filesIf im wrong can hou help me to point to the right documentation?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just enable the suexec checkbox in the website settings. This makes php-fpm and php-fcgi run as web user so it behaves the same than suphp, its just much faster and uses less ressources.