Migrating spamassassin white/black list and body,subject & full rules to ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Manu19, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Manu19

Manu19 New Member

Hello, I am migrating an old server where I have installed xmail with spamassassin. On this server I have some .cf files with blacklists, whitelist, and rules for subject, body, etc.

My question is if I can use these files on the new server with Ispconfig amavis (spamassassin).

If so, where can I place those .cf files
    If not, how can I put a domain in the whitelist so I not have to repeat it in my clients' domains one by one?

Thank you for your cooperation.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think that should be possible. Amavis loads spamassasin internally, so you can place your custom spamassassin config files in /etc/spamassasin/.... (don't know the exact place, you might have to look it up depending on the server os, its not ispconfig or amavis specific). Then restart amavis to apply the changes.

Manu19 likes this.
  3. Manu19

Manu19 New Member

I place those files on /etc/spamassassin like my older server.
    When I restart amavis did spamassassin --lint and no problem.
    I'll review and test to confirm that all is ok.
    Thank you till.

4. Manu19

Manu19 New Member

I respected the SA configuration files that the ISPconfig installation did and I only copied my .cf files with the rules that I had worked on for years on the old server.
    Everything is working well.
    I prefer to keep recording the rule in those .cf files since I am used to editing them in text and they are also common rules for all domains.