Migration ispconfig nodes, from amavis+remote policyd to rspamd+postgrey

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Jun 9, 2023.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    we have a stack of 9-15 ispconfig nodes (master-slave setup).
    They are all Debian 11 (11.3) that are going to be updated to this month to the latest debian lts release), and with ispconfig pre-ultimate version (that will be updated to the latest still this month). Our problem is that most of these server was built in an era "before" auto-installer script, so they have slightly, small, but tedious, differences.
    One of these is that most of them have a setup for mailfilter done via amavis plus a remote installation of policyd/cluebringer used for greylisting stuff and rate-limits outgoing emails.
    What we want archive is to migrate this old configuration (amavis+remote policyd) with the new one (rspamd+postgrey).
    I'd like to procede in that way:

- manually install rspamd+postgrey on the server;
    - follows that procedure in order to migrate amavis to rspamd (https://t.ly/GpDV)

My questions are:
    - can i be sure that rspamd, postgrey and most important, postfix configuration will be copletely updated with the new configuration?
    - there is something that i miss on the previous?

ty

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  2. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

any hints on this?
    ty

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You use a modified setup, so I can't say if the update will work seamlessly and if everything gets updated properly.