Migration: Sites from one to the other server (ISP Config 2.2.6 to 2.2.18)

Discussion in 'General' started by eric.balk, Nov 25, 2007.

1. eric.balk

eric.balk New Member

Hi All,

At the moment I busy planning a Migration from my old server to a new one. Both server a running ISP config on Debian.

My old server runs Debian 3.1 and ISP config version 2.2.6. I never had the guts to update this version to the current one due to some bad experience's.

Since the hardware is at the end of its live cycle I installed a new server (a Strate V-server) with Debian and running ISP config 2.2.18 op top of it.

On my original server I have running around 12 websites from different resellers and clients. My goal is to migrate these websites with the minimum amount of downtime and the maximum of data. I hope to keep my User statistics data!

- For transfering the website data I plan to use scp.
    - For transfering user-database data I plan to make a sql dump and import these on the new server.

Open questions:
    - Is there a way to transfer reseller/client/sites data
    - Is there a way to transfer sites-statistics

I know there is the options to make a backup from the ISPConfig Database but I am very uncertain how to import this backup into the new installation.

Is there anyone who has some experiance doing such a migration?

Any help would be apriciated!, if some info is failing I am happy to extend it.

Greetings,
    Eric Balk

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer