migration to ubuntu server 24.04

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Oitsuki, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

Hello,
    Do we have a tuto about the migration on ubuntu 24.04 or it's just to a simple upgrade ?
    Thank you

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

After writing the answer, I realised this thread was on Linux forum and it does not talk about ISPConfig at all. I just assumed this was about upgrading ISPConfig setup to next Ubuntu version. Sorry, the below text may be completely not related to this thread.
    No.
    You can read the upgrade tutorial for Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04, that is available. Similar process needs to be followed for upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04.
    The tutorial does not exist yet, because ISPConfig does not support Ubuntu 24.04 yet. Support probably comes when time is ripe, my quess is about August 2024. I'm not going upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04 before the first point release is available.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I did an upgrade to 24.04 a few weeks ago and it was already fairly stable, no issues and all worked.
    However as always, before you accept the nice hint of the installer asking you to reboot now or later...
    if you got some external sources it is always good to check them if they have been updated or commented out.
    If the latter, enable them with the proper repo and configure your software.

I did not test ISPconfig on that though.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

Ok I will wait the tutorial.
    Thank you

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not support Ubuntu 24.04 yet. When it does, we'll publish a tutorial on how to update the perfect server from Ubuntu 22.04 to Ubuntu 24.04.

Etcetera, Oitsuki and ahrasis like this.