migration tool on php 8.1

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pvanthony, Feb 18, 2024.

1. pvanthony

pvanthony Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think I made a bobo.
    On my centos 7.9 I upgraded to php8.1 from remi some time ago. All are working.
    Now I am trying to migrate to a new server with debian 12 by using the migration tool.
    Just found out the migration tool only supports until php version 7.4.
    Is there an updated migration tool?
    Or please let me know how to install php 7.4 without affecting the current old server.
    P.V.Anthony

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We are working on a upgrade for the tool, it will be ready in the next 1-2 weeks. Until the new release is ready, you can specify the PHP version that the tool is using like this:

Code:
    PHP=/path/to/php7
    ./migrate
    I'm not using CentOS, but as far as I know, you can install multiple PHP versions simultaneously there as well with:

Code:
    $ sudo yum install http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm
    $ sudo yum install yum-utils
    $ sudo yum install php80 php74
    You can find several guides when using google "install multiple php versions on centos 7".

pvanthony likes this.
  3. pvanthony

This is great news!!!
    I will wait for the upgrade as I do not want to mess up the current server.
    Currently I am using php8.1
    If there is a need for testing, I am very happy to try it out.

4. pvanthony

Hoping for an update. Any chance I can use it this week?

5. till

I'll try to get the final tests finished this week.

pvanthony likes this.
  6. pvanthony

Great news! Looking forward to it.

7. pvanthony

Hoping for the migration tool to be ready for use. Hoping for good news.

8. till

I'm sorry, I could not finish it yet; there are still some issues to fix. I recommend you use the current version by setting an alternate PHP version using the PHP command line variable; it works well and has been used many times. You can basically use any PHP 7.x version and even PHP 5.6.

9. pvanthony

Unfortunately when I upgraded php 7.x using remi to 8.1, the 7.x is not there any more. :-(
    I will wait for the new version. Any chance of the new version by Friday? So that I can do the migration in the weekend.
    I do not what to mess up the current server by installing php 7.x.
    Please try your best to help.

10. till

I'll do my best to get it ready until then.

pvanthony likes this.
  11. pvanthony

Very gentle reminder :) .
    Hope we can get the migration script on Saturday, 16th March 2024.
    Hope you can help.

12. till

The new version is nearly finished; I'm just waiting for Marius to send me the final version, which fixes some warnings that are still showing when you run it.

pvanthony likes this.
  13. till

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    pvanthony likes this.
  14. pvanthony

Th0m and till like this.
  15. pvanthony

The migration went well.
    Moved from centos 7 to debian 12.
    They were some errors in the command line but it seems ok.
    Here are the errors for reference. Hope it helps.
    Code:
    which: no courierlogger in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin:/root/bin)

What is the database name of your SOURCE ISPConfig 3 installation? [dbispconfig]:

Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated in /root/migration/v81/includes/functions.inc.php on line 356

Testing MySQL connection ... OK
    Testing target server's MySQL setting ...Warning
    Warning Your max_allowed_packet setting is < 128M (16M). DB import might fail.

Starting API calls.
    [1/1] <Client> processing xxx (C1)                                                                                                                                
    [23/23] <Domain> processing phase2.example.com                                                                                                                            
    [1/23] <Website> processing net.example.com with autosub none                                                                                                        
    Warning: Undefined variable $parent_id in /root/migration/v81/includes/importer.inc.php on line 1191
    [2/23] <Website> processing lala.example.com with autosub none                                                                                                          
    Warning: Undefined variable $parent_id in /root/migration/v81/includes/importer.inc.php on line 1191
    [3/23] <Website> processing acc.example.com with autosub none                                                                                                        
    [4/23] <Website> processing b.example.com with autosub none                                                                                                              

[7/7] <DBUser> processing c1userroundcube                                                                                                                                    
    [1/7] <Database> processing c1haha_db                                                                                                                                    
    Warning: Undefined variable $db_id in /root/migration/v81/includes/importer.inc.php on line 2161
    [2/7] <Database> processing c1a_db                                                                                                                                        
    Warning: Undefined variable $db_id in /root/migration/v81/includes/importer.inc.php on line 2161
    [3/7] <Database> processing c1b                                                                                                                                     
    [4/7] <Database> processing c1c                                                                                                                                  
    [5/7] <Database> processing c1d                                                                                                                              
    [6/7] <Database> processing c1e                                                                                                                               
    [7/7] <Database> processing c1f                                                                                                                              

16. till

Thanks for the info, we'll fix that in the next update. The warnings are indeed harmless.

pvanthony likes this.