migration tool problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by budgierless, Jun 19, 2018.

1. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi, this script is not working on ubuntu 18.04;
    Code:
    :~/migration# ./migrate
    ionCube Check succeeded.

Fatal error: The file /root/migration/legacy/migrate.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.0 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later.
     Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your old server uses Ubuntu 18.04, not the new one, right? The Tool is run on the old server only, not on the new one. So migrating to Ubuntu 18.04 is not a problem, just migrations from Ubuntu 18.04 is not possible yet as Ubuntu 18.04 ships with PHP 7.2 which is not supported yet.

If your old server really uses Ubuntu 18.04 already, then you can contact the migration tool support here as we have a beta version which support migration from Ubuntu 18.04 to newer OS. http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=migration

budgierless likes this.
  3. budgierless

ok thanks, i did it wrong way round, old server is 12.04

4. budgierless

when setup script on old server, when making a test connection i get this massage but the details are all correct so i dont know what to do:
    Code:
    Could not connect to api. Please check if the data you provided is correct.

5. till

This error message means that either the provided URL is incorrect or that the connection between the servers is blocked e.g. by a firewall or the PHP version on the old server is not able to connect to the new server e.g. because it does not support the SSL protocols required by the new Ubuntu server. Please contact the Migration tool support here: http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=migration or by sending am email to migsupport at ispconfig dot org, we need to know the real URL that you used to connect to the new server and the output of the command 'pho --version' from old server. And please check if the PHP soap module is installed on the new server.

budgierless likes this.
  6. budgierless

PHP soap was missing thanks, your script only check ironcube, maybe it should check soap too or have a note for users in script.

7. till

The script can not check if the remote server has soap installed in PHP. The ioncube check you refer to is about the local PHP. But I'll add a note to the migration guide that users shall check if SOAP is installed on their target server.

budgierless likes this.
  8. budgierless

Also i already had php7.2-intl installed but script would not connect untill i installed php-init too.