migration tool

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by stik, Jun 1, 2016.

1. stik

stik New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Looking at getting the IspConfig migration tool. Wondering if you can specify just to migrate email accounts and the associated emails. I don't have access to the individual passwords for each user, are these migrated as well? Looking for a seamless migration for the users.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

T

Yes, the passwords get imorted by the tool as well, so your customers do not have to change anything in their accounts or email setup.

3. dmgeurts

dmgeurts Member

@till Your answer to the first question appears truncated. I'm wondering the same for moving some sites and email accounts to a new ISPConfig 3.1 install. I'd rather not move everything while testing v3.1.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Oh yes, did not notice that. Currently the migration tool can only migrate a complete server at once, so you can not select to migrate just this or that website or mail account. But we are working to extend the tool to allow partial server migrations as well.

webguyz likes this.
  5. dmgeurts

dmgeurts Member

@till Thanks for clarifying. Will be buying a license once the tool is extended as it would make it very versatile, for example migrating clients in a staggered fashion.