Migration Toolkit dryrun question

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by progressed36, Feb 11, 2021.

1. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Hi,
    Currently dryrunning a source server with
    Code:
    ./migrate --only-client=USERNAME --only=mail
    I created the same username as reseller so on the new farm hes a client +.
    Expecting that every mail from username will be processed, except when its "Starting API calls." its processing everything:
    Its creating the client with C2_2 and all other this like DB / dbuser websites etc. For me i would think that it would only do:

- MailDomain
    - MailaliasDomain
    - MailUser
    - MailForward
    - MailAlias
    - SpamFilter

Also i changed some mailboxes plus domains to another server within the farm using a change in the change DB and resync.

Its displaying: [WARN] mail name EMAILADRES is taken.s.nl (EMAILADRES).

can i assume that those mail addresses wont transfer to the new target server? Even though I manual deleted those folders on the server the mailboxes don reside any more. after the resync the folders still get created.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Thanks thom, i did.

It seems that --onlyclient is the one that isnt making the script run as its supposed to. By removing that from the command it only processes all Mail jobs plus it creates a client. As i already created a client with the same username i was hoping that it would merge the newly imported stuff. Is that an option i missed?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think that merging existing clients would not work, but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is ask migration tool support :)

5. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Well it isnt really merging. I just created the username with the same username on the new farm but instead of a client its now a reseller.

Because what would happen if i do email now and web a week later? Would it create C2_3? And DNS a week later C2_4?

6. progressed36

progressed36 Member

anyways i created the issue and I'm waiting. but I'm also eager to proceed. I now have double the cost of maintaining and renting VPS/dedicated servers.

Maybe to overcome this issue faster i just transfer as is and change the created user after to reseller. As far as i know its only a number (userrole) in the DB.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  7. progressed36

progressed36 Member

As for this issue after transfer and resync i would expect that the resync tool deletes the entries on the old server. it didn't, so i manually removed the from the old server db. Now the warnings are gone.

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is Migration Tool does not delete anything on the SOURCE server. I do not see why it would be desirable to delete anything there.

9. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Your understanding is correct, but that isn't the problem.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are your old and new server connected to the same master server?