Migration Toolkit From Plesk 11.5 to ISPConfig 3.1 Fails

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Gregory S Tibbetts, Jul 27, 2018.

1. I bought the Migration toolkit and followed the directions at https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...rver/#download-and-extract-the-migration-tool. I ran ./migrate after installing the toolkit. It fails when doing a dry run. It seems it is trying to migrate from ispconfig to ispconfig not plesk.

I get the following error.

[ERROR] API call to login failed. See log file for details.
    Could not connect to api. Please check if the data you provided is correct.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you run the migration tool on the source server?
    The tool asks whether the source is Plesk, ISPConfig etc.,. Tool does not determine this by itself, so if it is wrong maybe you answered the question wrong.

3. I solved that issue but I have another one. When I am doing a dry run on the migration I get the following error when I type in the name of plesk database.
    What is the database name of your SOURCE Plesk installation? [psa]: psa
    [ERROR] Could not find database psa

4. Taleman

What is the database name?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you really run the tool on the plesk server and not the ispconfig server?

6. I'm running the tool on the ISPConfig server. I logged into root and into mysql on the Plesk server and there is a database named psa. This makes me wonder why the migration tool is not seeing the database psa. Can anyone help.

7. Taleman

You must run the migration tool on the source server.
    It you are migrating a Plesk server to an ISPConfig server, the Plesk is the source server.
    The migration tool can not migrate from ISPConfig to Plesk.

8. I am migrating from plesk to ispconfig. The tool is running on the ispconfig server. Are you saying I have to run the migration tool on the plesk server? Shouldn'tit run on the ISPConfig server.

9. Taleman