Migration Toolkit - PHP Version

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by stef157, Jun 6, 2022.

1. stef157

stef157 Member

Hi all,
    I'm figuring some trouble with the migration toolkit.
    On my source server, I've 5 additional PHP version (+ the default one - PHP7.0).
    On my target, also 5 additional PHP version (+ the default one - PHP7.4).

When I start the migration processus, I get those steps :
    Code:
    Default PHP (cli) on SOURCE is 7.0.3329+0~20200514.36+...
    Default PHP (cli) on TARGET is 7.4.29.                         
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use PHP8.1 in mode fast-cgi? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP8.1
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use Default in mode php-fpm? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP7.0
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use PHP7.0 in mode php-fpm? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP7.0
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use PHP7.3 in mode php-fpm? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP7.3
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use PHP8.0 in mode fast-cgi? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP8.0
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use Default in mode fast-cgi? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP7.0
    Which PHP version on the target should be used for webs that currently use PHP8.1 in mode php-fpm? (Default, PHP8.0, PHP8.1, PHP5.6, PHP7.0, PHP7.3): PHP8.1
    Testing MySQL connection ... OK
    And it's a little bit messy, when I check de configuration on both serveur, it's not the same.
    On the source - for exemple PHP7.3 and on the destination PHP7.0.
    On the source - for exemple PHP5.6 and on the destination PHP7.0.
    An idea how to solve this ? I can't understand the logical process and so can't understand where I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    Stephane

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please send us an email to migsupport [at] ispconfig [dot] org and include the migrate.log file that the tool created so we can see why the correct PHP version was not chosen on the target system.

stef157 likes this.
  3. agarcia71

agarcia71 Member

PLEASE HELP!, after doing migration, the new server is not resolving any domain.

I did a migration from 3.1 to 3.2.8p1., Ubuntu 20.04, without any error. The option I selected was ISPConfig3. If I turn off the old server, they stop resolving the domains hosted there.
    I changed the IP of the DNSs.
    I've been dealing with this problem for several days now and it still doesn't resolve the domains. I think it was not worth paying for the kit license if I will have to install a new ISPConfig anyway and do the configurations from scratch, because I can't wait any longer.

4. till

@agarcia71 Do not Hijack threads of other users, especially if your topic is not related to the thread you posted to! You don't have an issue with selecting PHP versions and this thread here is solely on the topic of selecting additional PHP versions during migration. Make your own thread or even better, contact migration tool support email to migsupport [at] ispconfig [dot] org directly and send your migrate.log file plus details on at least one of the non-resolving domains so we can look it up in whois.

It's quite likely that your problem is not related to the migration tool at all, so don't blame the tool before you even know if it's use is related to your issue. Do the new domains show up in the DNS module on the new ISPConfig server? If yes, then your issue is a general problem with your new ISPConfig install or the setup of your domains at your domain registry and not related to the migration. If they do not show up in DNS module in ISPConfig, then you either selected not to migrate them or you must have received an error during migration that tells you that the zones could not be migrated.

5. stef157

stef157 Member

Hi,
    It’s done, but don’t get any feedback nor automatic acknowledgment.
    Also, I’ve read the log and didn’t see any information about the PHP version.
    Thanks

6. stef157

stef157 Member

Check your website log.. there is maybe an issue with the default template (Apache)

agarcia71 likes this.
  7. agarcia71

agarcia71 Member

Just Reinstalled again, follow the tutorial, did migration, web, mail, ftp, but DNS. Create Zones manually. Any Advice ?.
    Still does not resolv. Any recomendation
    Regards.

8. till

A new installation was neither required nor useful to solve the issue nor was it useful to exclude DNS records from migration. But at least you know now that your issue was not related to the migration tool at all, so blaming it for your issue was completely wrong.

To get your issue resolved:

1) Make a new thread for your topic in the ISPConfig Installation and Configuration forum.
    2) In this new thread, mention that you manually created new DNS zones without using migration tool that don't resolve, list the new name servers and the name of at least one zone so we can look it up in whois and check the name server responses
    3) Do not do other things like reinstalling, migrating again, etc as this only prolongs the time that your system is offline and will not help in solving this issue.

There is a good ISPConfig DNS tutorial that you should read btw:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/setting-up-your-own-name-service-with-ispconfig/

And here are a few first steps for you:

Lookup the zones locally on both new DNS servers with the dig command:

dig @localhost mydomain.tld

just replace mydomain.tld with your domain name and post the results. Then use a service like intodms.com to look up the domain to find out if the DNS servers are really set to the new ones.

9. till

That's right, this is not a ticket system.

Does the right PHP version show up in the GUI of the new ISPConfig server in website settings?

10. stef157

stef157 Member

Yes,
    But those versions are note from the migration, I’ve setup them before the migration.

11. till

I guess there is a misunderstanding. How did you set them up before the migration in the actual websites on the new server as the sites did not exist at that time on the new server. I meant on the new server in the website settings, not the old one.

12. stef157

stef157 Member

On both server, there are the same php versions.
    The target server was empty and the migration tools assigned a custom php version on website.

Is that more clear or I still misunderstood ?

13. till

Here is a screenshot of the setting I refer to on the new server (not old one). And how do you know that it#s the wrong PHP version, e.g, some users thought they could look at the code of the generated vhost for that, but the PHP version is not in there at all, which leads them to misinterpret the PHP versions. Numbers like 7.0 or 7.4 or whatever in paths in the vhosts file do not refer to the PHP version that is used in that particular site.

Attached Files:

14. till

Ok, and what version shows up there? please make a screenshot on the new and old server of that setting in a site.

15. stef157

stef157 Member

Here in attachment the new and old config.

The default PHP version is not the same between the two server 7.0 for the old and 7.4 for the new.

Attached Files:

16. till

Ok, so there indeed were went something wrong with the selection of the PHP modes. If you sent the migrate.log to the migsupport email address, then Marius will contact you by email.

17. stef157

stef157 Member

It was done yesterday and the the before (via the form contact).

Thanks for your support.

18. till

Then he will contact you today. You did not receive an answer to the contact form because you posted same question here and received the answer to send the migrate.log to the migsupport address already here.

stef157 likes this.
  19. agarcia71

agarcia71 Member

Hello Till, and thank you for your answer,
    Just to be clear, when I said I create the DNS records manually, I want to mean with the wizard. I read the tutorial for setting up your own name service with ispconfig and my ispconfig is as the tutorial sugest.
    I send some info.

Attached Files:

20. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is the domain name you show the real domain name or obfuscated name? The domain does not exist in name service, have you not registered it yet?
    Quick check shows nothing wrong with the two name servers.