Migration toolkit - site point wrong

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Apr 21, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I've recently migrate using the migration toolkit a few websites to a new server.
    To be more precise 6 of them. 4 are running fine but the 5th point to the 6th instead of its own folder.
    Under the controlpanel everything looks ok and of course the DNS is updated properly.
    This is on a multi server setup if it matters and sites are on a web server only, no other services at all.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is most likely not related to the migration. If it looks fine in the UI, then you know it's unrelated to the Migration Toolkit as all the Migration Toolkit does is inserting it in the UI and let ISPConfig create the configuration for the site from scratch. What's more likely is what is described on the read before posting page:

https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

Chpater "When visiting domain B, domain a shows up".

3. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

The FAQ says:

- You have HTTPS enabled for domain A but not for domain B, will visiting domain B over HTTPS. It is Apache's default behaviour to show the first website in the list that has HTTPS enabled.
    - domain A is listening on * while domain B is listening on a specific IP, or vice versa. Make sure all your webs are listening on a specific IP or *.

I had both domains with SSL so is not the case A.
    I also had a redirect to SSL on both; I removed that and now the site that was not working it shows up but only without SSL. If I enter it with https it still redirects to the old one. I then removed and added again SSL and is working now.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

OK, so maybe SSL was enabled but there was no cert in place. Then it will revert that and this issue pops up.