Minor suggestion for debian perfect howto

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by tdd_topdog, Jul 9, 2006.

1. tdd_topdog

tdd_topdog New Member

First I would like to commend the folks here doing these perfect howto's. The debain perfect how to is spectacular and ispconfig is awesome. I am an inexperienced linux user and was able to get ispconfig up in a day. One suggestion I would have is telling people that ispconfig recommends /var/www instead of /home/www in the perfect howto so you can plan for it up front in the partitioning. Having researched partioning a little bit before I went through with the howto I dedicated a hard drive and mount point to /home. On the other side of the coin I can understand the simplicity of the howto not getting into partitioning and just using one partition.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's mentioned here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge_p5
    It isn't required to have an own partition for /var or /var/www. The partitioning is totally up to you. :)

3. tdd_topdog

tdd_topdog New Member

lol. good1. maybe a quick note on page 1 or 2. page 5 means you have to start over. You know us dummies don't read it all the way through before we dive in :)