Mirror Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by admins, Mar 22, 2010.

1. admins

admins Member

Hi all

I've seen, that now ISPConfig support Mirror Server.

I've one webserver and one Mailserver in a Datacenter A.
    No I want to put in a Datacenter B two other Servers, one a Mailserver and the other is the webserver.

How must I configure the system in the Datacenter B, that this two servers are full Mirror Servers of the two server in the datacenter A?

Server OS: Debian 5 64bit
    ISP Config: 3.2.1

Thanks
    admins

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mirroring faeture mirrors the settings for acounts and websites. To have setup a high availability system, you need also a shared high availability network storage, e.g. nfs, a SAN or a cluster filesystem like glusterfs.

The general setup is that you have to setup a network staorage, so that /var/www and /var/vmail are a shared network drive on both systems. Then install ispconfig 3 on both servers were one server is the master and the other one is the slave. Next you select in the server settings for the slave that it shall mirror the master. Every new email account and website gets then created on the amtsr and the slave and the network filesystem ensures that every email that is received or every file that gets uploaded to one server gets synced to the other one as well.

3. admins

admins Member

Ok.
    And where do you've the Server failover?
    On the Switch?

Thanks
    admins

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several options like to implement it in the switch or check out falkos failover tutorials.

5. admins

admins Member

Could you paste the link to falkos solution?

Thanks
    admins

6. damir

damir New Member

Come on, make a effort and do a search on howtoforge.com.