Mirror Your Web Site With rsync

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by knightdog, Sep 16, 2008.

1. knightdog

knightdog New Member

I am trying to follow the instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/mirroring_with_rsync

i get to step #5 and then it is not the same as the instructions.
    Now log in through SSH on server1.example.com as someuser (not root!) and do this:

server1:

(Please do this as someuser!)

mkdir ~/.ssh
    chmod 700 ~/.ssh
    mv ~/mirror-rsync-key.pub ~/.ssh/
    cd ~/.ssh
    touch authorized_keys
    chmod 600 authorized_keys
    cat mirror-rsync-key.pub >> authorized_keys

this is ok, but the next step:
    /home/someuser/.ssh/authorized_keys should look similar to this:

server1:

(Still as someuser!)

vi /home/someuser/.ssh/authorized_keys

ssh-dss AAAAB3NzaC1kc3MAAA[...]lSUom root@
    mirror

mine has 8 lines of code starting with ssh-dss and ending with the server it was created on. is this ok? *** :confused: ***

next step is:

Now we want to allow connections only from mirror.example.com, and the connecting user should be allowed to use only rsync, so we add

command="/home/someuser/rsync/checkrsync",from="mirror.example.com",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty

so in that file /home/someuser/.ssh/authorized_keys i need to add the above on its own line?? with one return ?? to look like:

command="/home/someuser/rsync/checkrsync",from="server1.knightdog.biz",no-port-forwarding,no-x11-forwarding,no-pty
    ssh-dss AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

then the next step says to do:

server1:

(Still as someuser!)

vi /home/someuser/.ssh/authorized_keys

command="/home/someuser/rsync/checkrsync",from="mirror.example.com",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty ssh-dss AAAAB3NzaC1kc3MAAA[...]lSUom root@
    mirror

so do i put that infront of the first or after the first line and before the ssh-dss :confused:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and post a reply to help me.

Knightdog

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

Yes, it must go into a line of its own.

In the same line, before ssh-dss.