Missing image on Howtoforge.com

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by edge, Jan 1, 2008.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I've restarted the Apache, it works for now, but Till will look into this in the next days as he set up that system.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think fixed it now. It was a quota problem on one of the servers. If this happens again, please notify me.

Thanks,

Till

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't know if it is related to what egde says here about missing images, but the typo3 logo has also dissapeared within my howto here: http://www.howtoforge.com/typo3_on_ispconfig. Within the preview of the post the logo is there, which means that rhe link to my server is ok. However, when i submit the howto again (after preview) the TYPO3 logo is not shown.

I have noticed that this occured for the first time after the redesign of the Howtoforge site some time ago.

5. falko

Thanks, I've just fixed it. :)

6. edge

7. falko

It's working for me. :confused:

8. edge

Yes here again also.. It was last night (Friday) at 00:59 hrs

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I will have a look in the logfiles of the server.

10. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

11. falko

Fixed. :)

12. nowen

nowen New Member HowtoForge Supporter

unable to load images

Greetings!

I'm trying to create a how-to, but I'm unable to upload images. One time I got an error about /tmp/tmp, but didn't copy it and it has not come back. Now, I am able to create the images, but no images show - just the broken link. I think it may be related to the issue discussed in this forum, disk quotas.

Please let me know!

Nick

13. falko

I've just tested it, and it's working for me. Can you desbribe what exactly you did so that I can reproduce the problem?

If you like, you can email your tutorial (incl. the screenshots) as a zip file to me: ft [at] falkotimme [dot] com :)

14. nowen

15. nowen

OK, I have added everything via the My Workspace interface. Oddly, I sometimes see the images and sometimes not. For instance, on page 2, the first image displayed after I manually inserted it via the "Click here to add images button", but then after I saved it, it disappeared.

I am using Opera on F7. I have set it to check the proxy always for images, but that doesn't seem to affect it.

I have also tried via Firefox. It appears that not all of my images uploaded successfully. I cannot see 04-TheCSR.jpg, for instance. However, i can see it's thumbnail :).

I have also zipped up the whole thing and emailed it to you, but got a message from my stmp server of a delay:
    Delay reason: host lookup did not complete

I used ft at falkotimme.com.

Let me know if you can make sense of this, or if you want screen shots, etc.

16. falko

Please try again. Had some name server problems... (or better said, some providers don't update their DNS cache for weeks and don't care about TTLs... :mad: I did some DNS changes over three weeks ago - should've been time enough for the providers to update their caches).

I think the problem with the image uploads right now is that howtoforge.com runs on two nodes, and if the image is on the first node, it doesn'T get rsync'ed immediately to the second one. I'll have a look into it...

17. nowen

OK- I have resent. fwiw, I see 78.47.159.43 as the ip for falkotimme.com.

That makes sense about the nodes. So, possibly, just waiting for the next sync will fix it all automagically :).

Nick

18. falko

That's the correct IP. :)

Unless the images get uploaded to node2. Then they will be deleted on the next sync from node1... :eek: Will look into it.