Mod page speed problem spam .ru

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by sdesprez, Jul 2, 2018.

1. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

Hello
    I have a problem
    The directory will be created automatically
    drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 2 21:42 wt1.pw
    drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 2 21:42 yalelodge.ru
    drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 2 21:42 ifud.ws
    I don't understand how to stop this.
    And my server spam !!!
    Thank you for your help.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Where do these folders get created?

4. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

Folders : /var/cache/mod_pagespeed/v3

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I don't use mod_pagespeed, but maybe it is supposed to create directories there? Is is rewriting web pages so the rewritten page must be somewhere.
    Or maybe this, found using Internet searh engines: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/mod-pagespeed-discuss/qmpugWDTQMA
    What does that mean?
    Try explaining better what the problem is. You should also mention what you have installed in addition to what ISPConfig perfect server guide tells to install. Like that mod_pagespeed.

6. till

I second the opinion from @Taleman that these folders are intended to be there and not related to the spam issues, these are cache folders from mod_pagespeed.

Regarding your spam issue, when you have spam emails in the outgoing mail queue (check with "postqueue -p" command), then you can inspect their headers with the command 'postqueue -q QUEUEID' where QUEUEID has to be replaced with the queue ID that you see in postqueue -p list (the ID is the char/number string that identifies the email). There are different reasons for spam, the most common ones are that someone got the password of an existing email account or that a website was hacked. You might also want to scan your web server for malware, e.g. with the free trial scan from ISPProtect.

7. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

I launch ISPProtect now and I am waiting the result

8. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

The result of ISPProtect is ok.
    But directory creation still continue in modpagespeed. I just removed the varnish module.
    I think I have a script in the kernel but how to find it.

9. till

The directories are cache directories for mod_pagespeed as far as I can see, so they shall get created. I don't think that they are related to the spam mails send from your server.

In regard to the spam mails, I described in post #6 the procedure how to find out how they get send.