mod_mono apache 2.2

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by ColdDoT, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ColdDoT

ColdDoT Member

Hello

i want to run apache asp.net
    i followed a tut to do it.
    i have installed
    -apache 2.2
    -mono
    -xsp

everything works like a charm but when i was compiling mod_mono the config script can't find out whitch version my apache is my ./configure command is

./configure --prefix=/var/server/mod_mono --with-apxs=/var/server/webserver/apache/bin/apxs

then i got
    checking for --with-apxs... /var/server/webserver/apache/bin/apxs executable, good
    checking for --with-apr-config... not specified
    checking for Apache libexec directory... /var/server/webserver/apache/modules
    checking for Apache sysconf directory... /var/server/webserver/apache/conf
    checking for Apache include directory... -I/var/server/webserver/apache/include
    checking Apache version... configure: error: Confused on apache version. Please report this and send config.log

i have also tryed
    ./configure --prefix=/var/server/mod_mono --with-apxs=/var/server/webserver/apache/bin/apxs --with-apr-config=/var/server/webserver/apache/bin/apr-1-config

but then i says that my apache version is 1.3 and thats not correct

i don't know how to solve it and i can't find anything about it on google
    my config.log files can you find here
    try 1
    http://www.colddot.nl/config_try-fault.log.txt
    try 2
    http://www.colddot.nl/config_try-version-1.3.log.txt

greets kevin

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does mod_mono already support Apache 2.2? It's pretty new...

3. ColdDoT

ColdDoT Member

on the site sais it will.
    but on what searching. no it don't

but is there maybe a work around ?

4. 22hosting

22hosting New Member

I have to say that I can confirm this error as well. Hence *BUMP* this thread. Does anyone have a solution yet?
    ________
    Live sex

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess I have to try myself and write a tutorial about it some day... ;)

6. mintaka

mintaka New Member

Not so much a solution, but after wasting all night on this I do at least have a work-around. Had the same issue myself - mod_mono doesn't compile against Apache 2.2.2 - it seems the apache version checking routine invoked when running mod_mono's ./configure fails to compile now resulting in the erroneous reporting of version 1.3:

Didn't have the skills to fix that, so I just forced the selection of Apache 2.2 by editing the file "configure" inside the mod_mono source directory. You'll find a couple of lines that say:

APACHE_VER=1.3

Change those lines to 2.2 and ./configure sets the build up for a successful compile.

Hope this helps.