Monit & Munin on multi server setup?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, May 2, 2021.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I searched a little bit but didn't find any tutorial about setting up Monit & Munin on a multi server setup.
    Is there any helpful information about setting up the above?
    Especially how we forward the data from servers that not running a web server at all (db, dns, email servers) to the main monit/munin server?

Thanks

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

So far that I know, at least for monit, they are run per host basis, and I don't think ISPConfig supports multi monit web view in its UI.

So, even if that can be supported, of course it will require each server to be a web server, which is not what you preferred as well.

The only useful link I found, again for monit, and involving a paid service, is this: https://serverfault.com/questions/7...it-running-on-multiple-machines/749161#749161

I am not really sure about munin since I haven't use it for quite sometimes but hopefully the above monit info is helpful.

You may also request these features but that will be up to the ISPConfig Developer to undertake, and even if they do, it may take times before it can be fully developed.