Monitor MYSQL data traffic by mysql user

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by progressed36, Feb 19, 2020.

1. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Hi there,

I was wondering if there's an option to monitor traffic bandwidth per user? Preferable with graphic interface like ntop or similar (preferable not a must). Or does ntop deliver this stat?

Reason why im asking:
    I sometimes have spikes between my frontend server and my db server. Spikes like double the traffic on a day (normal average 50/60Gb and now suddenly 120Gb).

For me I like to know this data as i deliver my web-hosting with a fair use policy instead of hard bandwidth limits. If there's a trend i can offer VPS over shared hosting.

2. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

I have the same problem, create for me error connexion :
    example :
    dovecot: auth-worker(30371): Error: mysql(localhost): Connect failed to database (dbispconfig): Too many connections

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@Oitsuji: Raise max_connections and max_user_connections limits in your mysql database settings, set them e.g. to 500. And you might have posted in a wrong thread here as your error message is not related to the topic of the thread starter as far as I can see.

4. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

Ok thank you, Can I make inside the ispconfig interface. I do not see.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, these are MySQL configuration settings and need to be made in the MySQL or MariaDB config files and the database server needs to be restart to apply them.