Monitor pages does not work

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gpetrom, Dec 28, 2015.

1. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

Hi

After one of my sites was hacked monitor pages does not work. I am getting the following error on the top of the page.

#0 db->query(SELECT DISTINCT type, data FROM monitor_data WHERE server_id = 1) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:211] #1 db->queryAllRecords(SELECT DISTINCT type, data FROM monitor_data WHERE server_id = 1) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/monitor/show_sys_state.php:194] #2 _getServerState(1, websrv.allnetworks.gr, ) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/monitor/show_sys_state.php:115] #3 _getSysState() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/monitor/show_sys_state.php:63]

Any ideas how can i fix that

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Run the query:

SELECT DISTINCT type, data FROM monitor_data WHERE server_id = 1;

with PHPMyAdmin in the dbispconfig database and post the error message that PHPMyAdmin shows you.

3. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

Hi
    The error after executing the query

#144 - Table './dbispconfig/monitor_data' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

4. till

Try to repair the table with phpmyadmin (there is a repair option available there).

5. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

That solved the problem thanks.
    One more thing when the site was hacked, none of the services did work because of high cpu usage.
    How can i avoid this?
    Is antivirus checking the files on the webserver?

6. till

The clamav antivirus is scanning only the incoming emails.

Generally you can use clamav to scan the whle server as well, but clamav is not that good in finding malware in websites. A better approach is to use something like maldetect or use ISPProtect which is specialized on website malware and has a way higher detection rate then the twi former mentioned systems. There is a free trial of ISPProtect and I'm one of its developers. http://ispprotect.com/

7. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

What about the cpu usage that made my server stopped after a site is hacked.
    Is there a way to avoid this?

8. till

You can monitor the cpu usage of your server e.g. with monit and munin and get an alert when it reaches a critical level.