More than one IP showing up in ISPConfig3 when selecting DNS IP

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tortib, Dec 29, 2014.

1. tortib

tortib Member

Hello,

I have one IP address assigned to a server and whenever I add a new domain and click the IP Address box to specify the IP address, the popup box opens but it has some older IP addresses I use to use listed there still. Is it possible to remove these IPs and only have the one assigned to the server show up?

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The IP suggest function shows all IP addresses that are used in various tables in ispconfig, so as long as the ld IP#s are in the system, it will show them in the suggest box.

3. tortib

tortib Member

That's not good at all... :(

I want it to only suggest my IP for security reasons.

Is there any way to achieve that?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The IP addresses shown there are configured in your system, otherwise they wont be suggested. There is currently no configuration option to limit the IP addresses to a subset of your server IP's.

5. tortib

tortib Member

Can you tell me the table where these IPs are configured? I think it's using IPs from an old configuration because I currently have only one assigned.

6. tortib

tortib Member

It just seems weird to suggest IPs to a user that is adding an A record with an IP address from another domain in the ISPConfig3 system. It causes confusion for users.