move domain to new server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi guys,
    i am using ubuntu20.04 and ISPConfig 3.2
    i want to migrate a domain from one server to the other.
    1 option with ispconfig migration tool. If i migrate with the tool do i move the emails as well to the new server?
    How do i migrate only the email to a new server?
    thanks a lot for your kind help

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Migration tool is intended for migrating ISPConfig installation to another server. Or migration from some other panels to ISPConfig. The toolkit has also ISPCopy, but neither is that meant for migrating a single website or e-mail domain.
    I would copy the website files and database to the new server manually. If the target server is also ISPConfig, create the website, database user and database there first.
    Migrating e-mails can be done manually, it gets complicated if source and target have different e-mail setups. If both use same programs it is easier. There have been discussions on this forum on migrating or moving e-mails, search should find them. There are tools to do the e-mail moving, for example Giles Lamiral's imapsync https://imapsync.lamiral.info/ .

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use the migration tool ofr just one domain, and the emails will be migrated as well. You can use the option
    Code:
    --only-mail=example.com
    for that.

ahrasis and Taleman like this.
  4. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

thanks a lot for your help guys