Move Sites strange behaviour?

Discussion in 'General' started by wr19026, Aug 11, 2006.

1. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

I just upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.2.6. Flawless upgrade (as expected :)). Kudos to Falko and Till!

Anyway, I used the "Move Website" function to move one of the sites. Although it does it very nicely I was actually hoping that I could opt to move the site between resellers as well.

The site was set up under "admin" and now is moved to a customer (Acme) who is set up as a customer of reseller MyDomain .Net

Am I overlooking something? What I'd expect is that if I move a site between customers is that the site would be visible under the customer's reseller (perhaps with an option to manually overwrite that change).

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To move a site between resellers, change the group setting of the site to the new reseller. It is not nescessary to use the move website function for that.

3. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. Still, wouldn't it make sense to automatically move the site between resellers (if appropriate) as part of the Move Site tool?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maybe in a future version, although this would make the tool over-complicated (at least for the one who programs it...).