Move Spam to Junk not working on just one eMail-Account

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Trito, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Trito

Trito New Member

Hi,
    I'm on Debian 9.8 stretch using your latest ISPConfig 3.1.13p1, using dovecot & imap with sieve. My problem is, that the option "Move Spam to Junk..." is working fine except of one eMail-account. I doublechecked /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/* and compared it to working accounts. It seems to be no difference. Folder rights are identically, chown says vmail:vmail and my /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/sieve/ispconfig.sieve looks like:

Code:
    require ["fileinto", "regex", "date", "relational", "vacation"];

# Move spam to spam folder
    if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
      fileinto "Junk";
      # Stop here so that we do not reply on spams
      stop;
    }
    keep;
    One thing I noticed, is that there is a file missing: /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/.sieve.svbin

I'm grateful for suggestions how to fix this problem.
    Thanx,
    Michael

2. Trito

Trito New Member

Push...

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Has this user received any mail at all? I think the compiled sieve file is generated dynamically when receiving mail. What do logs show for a message sent to this user?

4. Trito

Trito New Member

Thanx for answering!

Yes, he receives many mails per day. Dovecot log doesn't say anything special, except that message was saved to INBOX. The X-Spam Flag is YES. If I send a SPAM-Testmail to my own mailaccount (which is an that server too) it goes to Junk as mentioned.

I disabled "Spam to Junk" and reenabled it. Ispconfig writes the changes perfectly into ispconfig.sieve. But it's still not moved! I'm confused!

Is it possivle, to have a log file just for sieve?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

You can set `sieve_user_log` to point to a sieve log file, and `deliver_log_format` to set what is logged when mail is delivered. See the examples/comments in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf and /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf, though you'll need to make your changes to /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf (that's the only one used by default with ispconfig).