Moving Apache to another port

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by DrAgOOn, Sep 15, 2005.

1. DrAgOOn

DrAgOOn New Member

I have recently setup a development box configured with ISPConfig (great software btw, makes everything simple). The kicker is, the server is a locally owned development box (in my house) and my internet service provide has port 80 block (go figure).

My question is, how do I change the web servers port to something else. I know how to change it in apache. But when I do, ISPConfig does not function properly. Where in ISPConfig can I change it to the new port for apache hosted web sites.

I want to be able to view the development sites outside my network (from the internet). My ISPConfig administration is on port 88, so I was thinking of just putting the main apache on port 81 or something.

Any reference or guidance from experiences ISPConfig users?

Thanks in advance!!

2. DrAgOOn

DrAgOOn New Member

my bad, can a mod move this to the ISPConfig Installation/Configuration forum.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You have to edit the functions make_vhost(), apache_version() and dienste() in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php and change all occurrences of 80 and 443 to your new port numbers.
    If you use Frontpage extensions on your server you also have to change the line 719.