Moving Domain & Email to other ISPConfig Server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by NeonTigerUK, Apr 7, 2017.

1. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi All,

I have a client who wants to have their own dedicated server in my Control Panel, they are currently set up on the "Group" servers.

Is there an easy way to move
    1. their website from the group server `web1` to `ccweb` which is their dedicated web server - database for the WP site is on `mysql1` and needs moving to `ccweb` also
    2. their email accounts and contents from the group server `km1` to `ccmail` which is their dedicated mail server
    preferably from within the ISP Control Panel. The more important move to be automated is the email, I can backup and restore the website manually without too much issue

Thanks in Advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think that there is an easy way to achieve that within ISPConfig.

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Ok thanks till, how would you recommend going about this task? - only need to to do the email now, website has been done by backup and restore on the new server

is it possible to add another email domain that is the same as one that currently exists, but on a different server?

4. till

This should probably work. Try it, if you don't get a unique domain error when adding it, then it works.

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

same for email addresses?

6. till

Try it.