Moving from vps to dedi - how to reconnect sub systems

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ginner159, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ginner159

ginner159 New Member

Hi ive just got myself a dedicated server and was wondering what i would need to do to move my connected servers over to the new ip?

Currently there connected to my vps install at 1.2.3.4 and my new didicated server has been setup with the controll panel at 4.3.2.1

i have my second nameserver connected to the vps and now need it to connect to the dedi

Is there a way to update my nameserver to connect to the new one without having to reinstall it?

i only have a few clients which i created so ive moved all the sites over just need the ns to connect to the new one

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you just moved some sites over or did you copy the whole dbispconfig database? To reconnect the slave again, it is required that the whole dbispconfig database is moved to the new master server.

3. ginner159

ginner159 New Member

i havent moved the database over. ive only just remade one client so no problem with dropping the database and starting again.

Would i not be able to run the update php script and reconfigure it?

thanks again till as always :)

4. till

No, this wont work on a multiserver setup as the database records of master and slave wont match anymore.

5. ginner159

ginner159 New Member

fair enough might be easier to drop the nameserver from my current install and reinstall to the new box as ive tweaked a few things like system name etc

In this case would i be able to run the uninstall script drop the database on the nameserver then rerun ispconfig install

6. till

This will work as well.