Moving Roundcube

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by BobGeorge, Sep 20, 2018.

1. BobGeorge

BobGeorge Member

I'd like to move Roundcube to a specific domain name, e.g. "mail.domain.tld" (in fact, the exact same subdomain that the mail server - postfix - uses but, of course, it'll be on port 80 / 443 instead).

I could create a website through ISPConfig in the usual way, but this locates the DocumentRoot to /var/www/mail.domain.tld and the Roundcube installation actually lives at /var/lib/roundcube. Manually changing the DocumentRoot in the vhost is not a real solution, because any change to the site by ISPConfig will reset the DocumentRoot back to its /var/www/mail.domain.tld location.

So perhaps it's better to rather convert the current "roundcube.conf" into a "roundcube.vhost", if you see what I mean. Create my own manual "mail.domain.tld.vhost" file for Apache - so that, not managed by ISPConfig, it won't be touched - and give it a DocumentRoot of /var/lib/roundcube, include the <directory> directives from the "roundcube.conf" and, umm, anything else besides, obviously, a "ServerName mail.domain.tld"?

Would this work? Is this wise?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think the approach to modify the roundcube.conf file to become a vhost should work and is probably the easiest solution.