Moving the Master control panel to another address.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Undergrid, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Undergrid

Undergrid New Member

I have a multi-server ispconfig cluster (one machine for email, one for ns, one for control panel and system apps, and one for web and mysql), all machines running debian 8.

Right now ispconfig is accessed through server.domain:8080 and I want to make it available via panel.domain (which is a CNAME record pointing to server.domain) without having to use a port number. I tried changing the nginx vhost config for the control panel but I found I couldn't log in, I got no error message on the login web page or in the logs, but the login page was just redisplayed. Switching the vhost config back allows me to log in again.

What have I missed? Is is possible to configure ISPConfig this way?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that's possible. Basically, a change of the nginx vhost (altering the port it listens on and adding the domain name) should be sufficient. Maybe your login problem is related to a session artifact in your browser. Try to use a different browser or clear cache and cookies.

3. Undergrid

Undergrid New Member

Hi till,
    Thanks for the response.
    I've tried clearing cache and cookies, and a different browser with the same result. If I deliberately get the password wrong I do get an error on the web page...

Interestingly the ISPConfig access log says:
    Code:
    Successful login for user 'admin' from (IP Removed) at 2018-02-23 17:13:22
    Thanks.

4. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

It does have to do with your session. Try logging in with an account different than the admin account from the same browser then clear you cash and cookies.