Multi server DNS slave problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lano, Aug 9, 2019.

1. lano

lano Member

Short story: I migrated from old Wheezy server to new Buster and instead of replication to old MyDNS server I decided to setup multiserver setup with DNS only replication. Setup went fine, on master I can see second server, on server/services I have checked DNS-Server and DB-Server checkbox. Also I have selected "is mirror of server" master server.
    On the master server I have several existing DNS records.
    The problem is that DNS records are not replicated to slave (second) server. On second server there aren't any record in /etc/bind directory. However, if I change any of the record on master, I can see pri.domain_record.err in the /etc/bind directory on slave.
    Mysql (mariadb) is also empty.
    What did I missed?
    Regards, david

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Only new records get synced. To sync existing records, use Tools > Resync function.

3. till

This means that the record is incomplete and therefore got rejected by BIND. use Tools > resync to resync the existing records.

4. lano

lano Member

Hi Till,
    That worked for resyncing records. However, now I have another problem. Second (slave) DNS server is not working properly, until I manually restart BIND9 service on slave.
    Also, if I change or add record on master, change does not apply on slave, until I restart BIND9 on slave.
    Seems like BIND9 on slave does not automatically populate / load changes. Did I forgot something to check, or is it a bug? :)

Regards, David

5. till

Works fine here. Which ISPConfig version do you use and did you enable debug mode for the slave on the master to see what happens when you update a zone?