multi-server migration domain table

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Sep 3, 2018.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi,
    i'm trying to migrate 3.1.13 multi-servers (mix of ubuntu releases) to new servers, all ubuntu 18.04 in a new location.
    the new system is also a multi-server setup.

none of the original servers run every service, and none of the new servers will run every service.
    i'm using the latest migration toolkit.

when migrating clients, websites etc. all the information is transferred ok, for those, but none of the domain table is migrated.
    the domain table can't be migrated as part of a selection, only by leaving the selection field blank for the services.
    this means that in the interface, none of the websites/clients are assigned a domain, and the website settings, the domain drop-down is blank.

if I try to migrate everything I get warnings, even from the master server, since neither the source or the target are running eg, mail services.

during the migration process, i'm opting to attempt to keep all the id's identical, so is it ok to manually export the domain table and import it to the new master server?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you opted to keep the ID's, then you should be able to copy over the domain table.

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

thanks Till.

is a future release of the migration toolkit likely to include an option to migrate the domain table? (only leaving the services option blank copies the domain table, even typing in all the available options doesn't do the domain table).

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, we plan to add an option for that. When you migrate all services of a server, then the domain table gets included, but when you just migrate a part of a server, then the tool migrates just the selected part without the domain table.

nhybgtvfr likes this.