multi-server: phpmyadmin through Control panel

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by r_c_sekar, Jun 21, 2013.

1. r_c_sekar

r_c_sekar New Member

I have this multi-server setup. and i have two DB server and they are all setup alright and works great.

Let us say i have db1.server.com and db2.server.com. db1 server is also the server for control panel. When a client creates a Database in db2.server.com, how does the client browse to db2.server.com/phpmyadmin through the control panel link ? It seems that it always goes to db1.server.com/phpmyadmin.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can us ethe variable [SERVERNAME] inside the path settings for phpmyadmin under System > Interface config to let the system switch the user to the correct server automatically.

3. r_c_sekar

r_c_sekar New Member

Ok, i did something like https://[SERVERNAME]/phpmyadmin and seems to work. But the server name has to be set with external domain name for each server that is being managed in the panel.

And when i created user from the main control panel, let us say i have webserver in db1.server.com. But i also created a DB user and DB on db2.server.com.

This statement has to be manually entered to enable the user to login to DB on db2.server.com from db1.server.com.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `database-name` . * TO 'db-user'@'xx.xx.xx.xx';

This can be automated, because the panel knows the servers such as web, db and mail to a particular client.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig creates automatically the permissions for the users so that you can accessthe database from the web server were the website is located and from localhost. If you want to access the website from additional IP addresses, then you can configure the additional IP addresses in the settings of the database.