Multi server setup MySQL problem

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Samo_slo, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

Hi!
    I did your HOW TO for multiserver setup:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/multiser...se-servers-on-debian-squeeze-with-ispconfig-3
    But i did it with 2 vm Ubuntu 14.04 servers, one master for all except mail and the slave only for mail. When installing the mail server with instructions for ISPConfig 3 install:
    Select language (en,de) [en]: <-- en
    Installation mode (standard,expert) [standard]: <-- expert
    Full qualified hostname (FQDN) of the server, eg server1.domain.tld [mail.example.tld]: <-- mail.example.tld
    MySQL server hostname [localhost]: <-- localhost
    MySQL root username [root]: <-- root
    MySQL root password []: <-- Enter your MySQL root password here
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: <-- dbispconfig
    MySQL charset [utf8]: <-- utf8
    Shall this server join an existing ISPConfig multiserver setup (y,n) [n]: <-- y
    MySQL master server hostname []: <-- web.example.tld
    MySQL master server root username [root]: <-- root
    MySQL master server root password []: <-- Enter the root password of the master server here
    MySQL master server database name [dbispconfig]: <-- dbispconfig
    Configure Mail (y,n) [y]: <-- y

At this setting i had to input the password off the slave server else it said "Unable to connect to MySql"!
    MySQL master server root password []: <-- Enter the root password of the master server

And i from the slave server i can ping the master and also connect to it's mysql with mysql -u root -p -h <master-server-ip>. After this i could install ISpconfig and connect the servers in ISPConfig off the master-server.
    So my questions are:
    1. Is there an mistake in the how to or is my install wrong?
    2. On what server should i install Squirrelmail, and can i install it after ispconfig?
    3. How to test, see if it works.... does it create any syslinks or files on the mail-server when i create email domain and mailbox? I can't test the emails because i'm allready running a mail serve... at least i think i can't.

Thanks for help and your HOW TO guides!

2. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Make sure you have the MYSQL privileges setup on the master. Like:
    CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.0.106' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

If using a Firewall make sure port 3306 is open on the master.

3. Samo_slo

Samo_slo Member

Thanks for the quick awnser. Yes i have set privileges on the master that way and for the conn from the hostname to. Do all slave servers need the same mysql password as master?

4. gexacor

gexacor New Member

Your DB server is not fail-safe and if your MySQL server fails you'll have a downtime.
    Take a look here for basic example of MySQL failover setup.

Check you MySQL bind address on both servers and also check if your iptables config allows remote connections to the TCP:3306 port.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Samo_slo likes this.
  5. montero92

montero92 New Member

I followed these steps (source: cibercity.biz)
    At /etc/my.cnf

[mysqld]
    user = mysql
    pid-file = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
    socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    port = 3306
    basedir = /usr
    datadir = /var/lib/mysql
    tmpdir = /tmp
    language = /usr/share/mysql/English
    bind-address = 65.55.55.2
    # skip-networking