Multi Server Setup + Roundcube + smtp error

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, May 14, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,
    I've added a new domain to a server who is running email for a long time with big mailing lists. I didn't wanted since today to check its emails from roundcube. I tried today from Roundcube and works fine to see emails but it cannot send at all. The Roundcube runs on a seperate server which also holds the controlpanel and all the rest connect to it.

I'm always getting:
    SMTP error, connection to server failed.

I can telnet 25/265/587 ports from the controlpanel/roundcube server fine to that email server.
    POP works fine also as I tested from Thunderbird and is able to receive/send emails.

Under /var/log/roundcube/errors there is no error at all.
    On the email server under mail.log all I can see is:

2024-05-14T14:23:56.371786+03:00 myhostname postfix/smtps/smtpd[6363]: lost connection after AUTH from unknown[myip]
    2024-05-14T14:23:56.373177+03:00 myhostname postfix/smtps/smtpd[6363]: disconnect from unknown[myip] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 rset=1 commands=2/3

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Check the SMTP settings in the configuration file of roundcube. And may try to use port 25 with PLAIN auth and see if that works at all.

3. Stelios

No it doesn't work, it can't send at all.

4. Stelios

When I remove the tls I still get "lost connection after CONNECT from localhost[127.0.0.1]"

5. Stelios

ok found it. The SSL is for a different hostname and doesn't work with localhost or server host name.