Multidomain certificate

Discussion in 'General' started by Didier C, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Didier C

Didier C New Member

Hello, I can't figure out how to get a multi-domain certificate.
    It works very well for the creation of the first domain when we select the let'sencrypt and SSL boxes.

On the other hand, when I try to create a second domain on which I select SSL and let'sencrypt, which I register, they are automatically deselected. Is there a particular manipulation to do? Thank you for your help.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What do you mean by a multi-domain certificate?
    ISPConfig adds subdomain of site to the LE certificate, unless appropriate selection box is ticked.
    On the other hand, if this second certificate is for completely separate website, that should work too. If it does not, follow instructions in LE error FAQ to find out why. https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/

3. Didier C

Didier C New Member

Thanks, for example, I created 2 domains on the server: main.domain.com second.otherdomain.com.

When I create main.domain.com, there is no problem and I get a certificate which is operational. secondly I add second.ortherdomain.com and it is impossible to select the SSL and letsencrypt boxes.

Then I considered if necessary to use to renew the certificate the command: acme.sh --renew-all --force

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All sub and alias domains get added to the SSL cert of the site automatically. Like @Taleman mentioned, follow LE Error FAQ to find out why the LE checkbox gets deselected.

5. till

Do not run acme.sh commands manually, use LE FAQ to find out why LE refused to issue the cert.

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Make sure the second domain and/or its subdomain are/is pointing to the same server IP address and their/its dns A and/or AAAA record are/is already properly propagated. LE FAQ will definitely help you troubleshoot any other problems.

7. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

you must be adding the otherdomain either as a full website, or as a vhost aliasdomain / subdomain. it's the only way to get the option to select ssl or letsencrypt for the additional domain.
    if you just add second.otherdomain.com as an aliasdomain to main.domain.com, then as long as main.domain.com has letsencrypt enabled, as has already been mentioned by @Taleman and @till, the domain automatically gets added to the main domains letsencrypt certificate. in fact, the only certificate option you would have available to you would be 'Don't add to letsencrypt certificate'

till likes this.
  8. Didier C

Didier C New Member

this is what I do, I followed the advice but unfortunately the subdomains do not appear in the certificate

9. till

Ensure that the subdomains exist in DNS and point to the IP address of the server. Let's Encrypt will only add subdomains that exist and are configured in DNS to the cert. See Also Let's encrypt error FAQ for steps to find out why LE refuses to add the subdomains: https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/