multiple admin users

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pyte, Jan 31, 2023.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hey,

is it possible to have more than one "admin" user in ISPConfig. For context, we support the ISPConfig server with serveral admins, and i want to see which user changed what in the audit logs. If everyone uses the "admin" user i cannot do that. Is there a way, if even possible in the first place, to further restrict these admins, so that they can for example not change the system config?

From the handbook:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

yes, create the user from system - cp users, choose a username, and select user type : admin
    you can select which control panel modules they have access to... although i haven't checked if that actually makes any difference on an admin account.
    you'd still need to look at each individual data log history to see which user made the change ( or query the db table directly)

pyte likes this.
  3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you for the response. I will try it then :)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Additional admin users have fewer permissions than the main admin. Some functions under system > server config are not available for them. But I don't have a detailed list of differences at hand as I do not use this feature.

pyte likes this.