Multiple Domains with a Single IP Address

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DantePasquale, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DantePasquale

DantePasquale Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, This may be a weird question, but I had to switch ISP to AT&T. They only support 1 external IP per MAC address!

Consequently, with 1 physical server, how would I configure ISPConfig/DNS/Email/www to work with only 1 IP?

I'm tempted to see if creating multiple VMs (VirtualBox) to see if that would help too and may be the best solution. VM host would be TLD, then each domain would have it's on VM and Specifiy different MACs? I think VirtualBox supports that??

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Simply point all domains in dns to that IP, there is no need for any additional configuration. Having multiple domains on a single IP is the standard today.

Running multiple VM is something different, a vm is bascally a different server and a server requires its own IP.

So you can host as many domains on a single Ip as you want by simply adding the sites/mail domains in ispconfig and point the domains to that IP in dns.

3. DantePasquale

DantePasquale Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks! I'll give that a try once I'm back in the states -- currently in Stuttgart!